At Pleasants Construction, we believe that superior people deliver superior results. With that in mind, we believe that our employees, as well as the tradition of excellence they help us uphold, are our most valuable company assets.
Asphalt Paving Foreman
Foremen are tasked with direct, onsite supervision of employees working on a specific project. Exceptional time management and leadership skills are crucial in the successful performance of this position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to creation and delegation of job duties, employee performance follow-up, budget management and maintaining a positive team environment. Apply
Asphalt Roller Operators
Operates an asphalt roller. Charged with creating the correct density and smoothness. Understands equipment and job safety. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
Assistant Construction Manager – Pleasants Development
Pleasants Development is seeking an Assistant Construction Manager.
The Assistant Construction Manager will assist the Senior Construction Manager with managing Pleasants Development’s site construction and community maintenance activities. Primary responsibilities will include assisting in the coordination and supervision of site contractors; coordination and interaction with governmental regulatory personnel regarding site inspections; and addressing site related homeowner complaints/issues.
• Assist in the scheduling and coordination of site contractors as required to meet the Project schedule
• Assist in the monitoring of site work to ensure quality workmanship and conformance with the project plans, specifications and governmental codes.
• Assist in the scheduling, coordination and monitoring of all required governmental and third party site inspections to insure conformance with the project plans, specifications and governmental requirements.
• Assist in the resolution of site design and field issues including the coordination of the appropriate stakeholders to facilitate a solution.
• Assist in the scheduling, coordination and completion of the required builder lot inspections.
• Perform regular builder site inspections to insure conformance with contract requirements.
• Assist in the review of all hourly or additional work documentation including T& M tickets, change orders, work authorizations and field orders for accuracy.
• Assist in coordination, inspection and supervision of bond release work.
• Assist in scheduling, coordination and inspection of site maintenance work.
• Meeting with and addressing site related homeowner complaints and issues.
• Monitoring project site appearance including street cleanliness, builder material storage and cleanup, common area landscaping maintenance and amenity upkeep.
• Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
• Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective and patient listening skills
• Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
• Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
• Minimum 2-yr college degree strongly preferred. Desirable study concentration in construction management or related field. Aptitude and willingness to obtain educational background via night/part time classes if currently not a degree holder.
• Minimum of 5 years of construction experience preferably in site related or landscape work.
Drivers are responsible for transporting goods, asphalt and equipment from one place to another using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: loading and unloading cargo, driving while following all applicable traffic laws, etc. Apply
Certified Field Control Techs
Responsible for testing for the required density and smoothness. Works with crews to achieve desired results. Complies with regulations and all safety requirements. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
Diesel & Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Day and Night)
Mechanics are expected to have an overall knowledge and skill set to inspect, repair, fabricate, rebuild and maintain company vehicles and equipment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintenance and repair of vehicle fleet, asphalt equipment, repairing and replacement of broken and damaged parts, etc. Apply
Dump Truck Drivers
Responsible for driving vehicles to transport and dump loose materials. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Operating levers, turn cranks, etc. to dump contents of truck body. Utilize hand and foot controls to manipulate vehicle to free materials as well as loading and unloading of trucks. Apply
Flaggers are implemented to control entering and exiting job site vehicles as well as ensuring the safe flow of motorist traffic through the area. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to communicating direction to site workers, directing both job and public traffic through the worksite as well as ensuring all safety measures are being acknowledged. Apply
Supervises and trains the grading crews members. Understands the grading process and can perform grading functions. Enforces and adheres to all safety procedures. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
HMA Plant Operator
Operates the asphalt plant. Understands all facets of an asphalt plant. Monitors traffic control and enforces all safety procedures. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
HMA Plant Technicians
Monitors and tests asphalt mix for content & design. Has the necessary training and maintains credentials to be a technician. Complies with all regulations and safety requirements. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
Laborers w/Paving Exp.
A variety of laborers are utilized to perform a variety of jobs and tasks ranging from general physical work, job site cleaning duties, as well as carrying out miscellaneous orders that may arise throughout a given shift. Apply
Responsible for finish rake prior to rolling. Requires skilled and experience. Complies with all safety requirements. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
Supervises the milling crews. Requires experience in milling and being able to perform the functions of crew members. Understands and enforces all safety requirements. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
Milling Machine Operator
Operates a milling machine. Requires experience and skill. Complies with all safety requirements. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
Is qualified to operate specific equipment. Requires experience and skill. May require a special license/training. Complies with all safety requirements. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
Operates a paving machine/equipment. Requires experience and skill. Complies with all safety requirements. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
Project Managers are charged with planning, budgeting and overseeing all aspects of specific paving projects. Responsibilities include, but not limited to working closely with management and client, keeping the project on schedule as well as interacting with workers to ensure job is performed accurately, on time and within budget. Apply
The Rehab Laborer is responsible for assisting with the installation of our products into pipelines
and structures for the purpose of rehabilitation of underground infrastructure. Apply
Rehab Technician 1
The Rehab Technician 1 is responsible for assisting with the installation of our products into
pipelines and structures for the purpose of rehabilitation of underground infrastructure, along
with the operation of 1 of the following: Service Truck, Cure Truck, TV Truck or Jet Vac Truck.
Position requires a valid driver’s license and medical DOT card Apply
Rehab Technician 2
The Rehab Technician 2 is responsible for assisting with the install of our products into pipelines
and structures for the purpose of rehabilitation of underground infrastructure, along with the
operation of 2 or more of the following: Service Truck, Cure Truck, TV Truck or Jet Vac Truck
Position requires a valid CDL driver’s license and medical DOT card. Apply
Works with the Paver Operator to adjust the thickness of mat for material being laid. Requires experience and skill. Complies with all safety requirements. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
Skid Loader Operators
Operates a skid loader/Bobcat. Must be qualified to perform all functions performed by a skid loader. Requires experience and skill. Complies with all safety requirements. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Apply
Clarksburg, MD 20871 USA
Benefits Offered Medical, 401K, Dental, Life | Employment TypeFull-Time
Summary: Estimators are responsible for preparing bids, proposals and estimates for the construction of heavy highway, commercial, residential and site development. Estimators ensure bids accurately detail all related project costs and meet all client requirements and company requirements for profitability and quality.
· Capability to communicate effectively in oral expression as well as the ability to write clearly and concisely.
· Prepares estimates and construction costs according to accepted standards such as the Engineered Performance Standards and by soliciting information or technical advice concerning proposed construction or maintenance, specifications or plans and supplies or equipment.
· Demonstrated advanced skills with computer spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and HCSS Heavy Bid).
· Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of estimates on conceptual, design-build negotiated lump sum and unit price contracts for both private and public bids.
· Review scope, specifications and drawings to determine scope of work.
· Prepare crew based estimates using HCSS Heavy Bid.
· Prepare and submit client bid proposals.
· Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
· Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, availability of materials, “value engineering” as needed.
· Reviews all estimates with the Director of Estimating.
· Questions and concerns are to be directed up the chain of command through the Director of Estimating.
· Participate in presentations to management and clients. Responsible for client follow-up and “closing the deal", with input from senior management.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment.
· Ability to prepare general reports and to maintain accurate records.
· Deal tactfully with others and work independently.
· Applicants must have at least five years of full-time, technical experience in the estimating of heavy highway, commercial, residential and site development.
· Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree (preferred).
· Advance working knowledge of PlanSwift, Auto Cad and Business Center HCE software is a strong plus.
· Advance working knowledge of HCSS Heavy bid and Excel is required.
NO RELOCATION REIMBURSEMENT - Must be able to commute to and from Clarksburg, Maryland daily.
About Pleasants Construction Inc:
Pleasants Construction has been providing superior site development solutions to the greater Washington Metropolitan area for over four decades. Our services include clearing, demolition, earthwork, site utilities, erosion control, stormwater management, soil cement modification, and paving. We offer additional turnkey services to include structural concrete as well as curb and gutter installation. Furthermore, Pleasants Construction exclusively offers the Blue-TekTM Ultra-Violet Cured-in-Place Lining System, a trenchless solution for storm drain and sewer line rehabilitation.
NO RELOCATION EXPENSES ARE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION - MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUTE TO CLARKSBURG, MD DAILY. Apply
Utility Pipe Foreman
Supervises crews that install water and sewer pipe. Must understand how to perform the work being done by crews. Requires experience and skill. Complies and enforces all safety requirements. This position requires working outside during inclement weather. There are physical requirements for this position. Read More Apply
Pleasants, a diversified construction and real estate organization is currently seeking an experienced Payroll Practitioner for our Clarksburg, Maryland office. The emphasis of this role will focus on employee setup across multiple entities within a single payroll system and the processing of weekly payroll. This role will support the Payroll Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Payroll Department and help provide the financial information necessary for managerial and executive level decision making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Payroll Specific Duties
• Collect, compile, enter and process time sheets and time cards using Sage 300 CRE for multiple companies. Work with department managers on missing timesheets
• Import files to load hours from Heavy Job Software into Timberline Software.
• Process weekly payroll and distribute checks to employees
• Ensure the accuracy completion of the attendance book
• Process and maintain records of employee leave status
• Respond to payroll inquiries and concerns from employees
• Complete and submit certified reports to different agencies
• Assist Payroll Manager with special projects
• Protect Payroll operations by keeping information confidential
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES & QUALIFCATIONS
• 4+ years of experience in Payroll
• Experience implementing or integrating different software
• Advanced Excel skills
• Solid data entry skills with strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic and team player mentality
• Sage 300 CRE (Timberline) Payroll Module experiences a plus
The Hardware/Network Technician’s role is to support the stable operation of the in-house computer network and maintain in-house technology equipment and IT assets. This includes planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. This also includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading all corporate hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software and network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
Strategy & Planning
Work with end users and department heads to identify and document required network service levels. Work to meet service level agreements with end users.
Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables. Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and help sheets for network installations, including data, voice, and video systems.
Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and corporate technology needs.
Acquisition & Deployment
Conduct research on, and make recommendations for hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
Support development and implementation of networking projects and new technology installations.
Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend for purchase networking hardware and software products.
Identify and deliver required hardware service levels according to company policies.
Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking software products.
Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding hardware problems.
Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
Develop and maintain an inventory of all hubs, routers, switches, bridges, server boxes, cabling, and other networking equipment.
Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
Recommend, schedule, and perform hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
Configure, test, and support mobile devices (air cards, cell phones, smartphones, tablets).
Test iOS (iPhone Operating System) and Android releases of operating system (OS) software on mobile devices.
Perform iOS and Android OS upgrades on mobile devices.
Review, reconcile, monthly billing from vendors for mobile airtime services.
Conducts research for mobile device equipment, accessories, and airtime services.
Create and maintain documentation to include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Configuration Documentation, Policy Documentation, Training Documentation, Mobile Documentation and Diagrams,
Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products.
Maintain servers, (physical and virtual) including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
Maintain security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
Maintain all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems.
Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network data.
Liaise with, and provide training and support to help desk support staff on network issues.
Perform server and security audits.
Perform system backups and recovery.
Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
Formal Education & Certification
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
Certifications in Comp TIA A++, Network+, MCSE or equivalent.
Knowledge & Experience
Excellent technical knowledge of corporate, networking, and other hardware.
Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including
Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office 2010 and/or 2013.
Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers.
Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Self motivated and directed.
Keen attention to detail.
Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Strong customer service orientation.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
On-call availability for 28 days per month.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
Inspect and install cables in floors and ceilings.
Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Apply